Sanstrap is a clever pallet strap with substantial flexible strength produced from eco friendly PE film. Simple application delivers superb pallet load stability within minimum time. Perfect to secure pallet loads of: cartons, drums, pails and rolls.
The introduction of this elastic stretchband in the past can be regarded as a form of emerging trend inside the product packaging market. By simply placing an elastic stretchband on the upper layer of a pallet, a high system stability is the outcome. Because of its straightforward application (rather than the use of adhesive tape, for instance) and without harming the product packaging – it is especially recommended for intra-company transportation.
Fruits and Vegetables
In the successful marketing of perishable goods like fruits and vegetables, fast transportation and distribution with minimum damage during shipment is very essential. Crates and boxes are often used for storage and movement of goods. Prior to the movement of goods, the pallets need to be secured to prevent high stacked pallets from falling or shifting during movement. Different methods can be applied:
- Stretch wrap or adhesive tape both take time to apply and time to remove. Adhesive tape can damage the boxes and it is an unpleasant product to work with, noisy, sticky and sometimes sharp. Stretch Wrap is time consuming and to apply it takes far longer and may require dedicated packing stations and equipment.
- Sanstrap product is a pleasure to use and easy to apply. It is also very easy to remove. And it is a plastic that can be recycled.
Handling and Stowage Practices of Fruits and Vegetables Growers
While the shape and condition of trucks or vans are essential elements in fresh produce transportation, the actual loading and stowing techniques are relevant to damage and loss:
- the best loading factor should be attained, which is the maximum load that could be transported economically under satisfactory technical conditions;
- the dimensions and design of packages must provide sufficient degrees of venting of contents with the least wasted room, and the packages needs to be sufficiently strong to safeguard the contents;
- loading and unloading need to be correctly monitored to avoid reckless handling of packages; loading aids like trolleys, roller conveyors, pallet or forklift trucks has to be employed where possible in order to lessen the handling of individual packages; the use of Sanstrap palletbands can be employed when loading and unloading stacks.
- stowage has to be cautiously carried out to prevent collapse of the stow for the duration of transport; Sanstrap stretchbands provide easy access to the cargo.
- packages must not be piled greater than maximum recommended by the producer, otherwise the lower tiers may possibly collapse under the weight.
- packed produce has to be shielded from the weather all the time including in the course of loading and unloading;
- If the load will be dispersed to a number of destinations, packages has to be loaded backwards to which they will likely be unloaded, i.e. last on, first off; concurrently, the load has to be distributed equally around the vehicle.